"Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by le1ca on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:35 pm

Hostile, get in here and list every reason that the construction of this Islamic community center is a bad idea, and I will refute all of them.
avatar
le1ca

Posts : 273
Power Level : 11
Join date : 2010-07-15
Level : 50 level questioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Sigfig on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:58 pm

and i will help but in my own special way that involves trolling
avatar
Sigfig

Posts : 354
Power Level : 1
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 23
Location : where ders enemy
Level : 1 enemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Pielikey on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:16 am

Hostile is in a meeting with the banhammer right now
avatar
Pielikey
Admin

Posts : 266
Power Level : 1
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts
Level : 1337 Administrator

View user profile http://piesplace.motion-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by le1ca on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:22 am

Pielikey wrote:Hostile is in a meeting with the banhammer right now
well fix that so i can argue with him
avatar
le1ca

Posts : 273
Power Level : 11
Join date : 2010-07-15
Level : 50 level questioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Pielikey on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:27 am

just wait a few days it'll be over pretty soon
avatar
Pielikey
Admin

Posts : 266
Power Level : 1
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts
Level : 1337 Administrator

View user profile http://piesplace.motion-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by le1ca on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:29 am

but i want to argue with him now
avatar
le1ca

Posts : 273
Power Level : 11
Join date : 2010-07-15
Level : 50 level questioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Pielikey on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:30 am

nope
avatar
Pielikey
Admin

Posts : 266
Power Level : 1
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts
Level : 1337 Administrator

View user profile http://piesplace.motion-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by le1ca on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:09 am

le fu.
avatar
le1ca

Posts : 273
Power Level : 11
Join date : 2010-07-15
Level : 50 level questioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by le1ca on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Okay, well in that case I'm just going to take some of his points from his other thread and talk about them because I'm really fucking bored.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hostile: "They are going to build a goddamn mosque at ground zero, and all you idiots welcome it with open arms at other people's expense."

The three main points here seem to be 1. It is a mosque, 2. It is located at Ground Zero, and 3. It is being constructed at someone else's expense.

1. It is not a mosque, but instead an Islamic community center. Yes, it includes a place for worship, but in the words of Cracked.com writer Gladstone, "You don’t call St. Mary’s Hospital a church because it happens to have a chapel inside it, do you?"

2. It is not at Ground Zero. It's barely even in view of the site. Have a map, also courtesy of Gladstone.



I haven't verified this with any other sources, but I heard that the only other Islamic place of worship in Manhattan is on the opposite side of the island, so the new center provides convenience for Muslims. It is extremely difficult to acquire land in New York City, however, and the fact that the spot they found, previously a Burlington Coat Factory location, is close to the WTC site is merely coincidence.

3. I don't see how the mosque, as I will call it to prevent wordiness, can be seen as offensive. The families of victims will only be offended if they stereotype all Muslims as terrorists. To move the site would only encourage such intolerance. The location of the mosque will cause no harm to anyone. As it breaks no laws, this shouldn't even be a political affair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hostile: Why the fuck, do you think they want to build the stupid mosque so damn close to ground zero, and open it on the tenth anniversary of 9/11?

I've already covered the fact of the location, and I haven't heard elsewhere of the opening date, so let me Google real quick...

http://blog.jonolan.net/religion/no-cordoba-house/ wrote:Park 51 will also not be opening on September 11, 2011. It will them 18 months to three years to come up with the $100-$150 million price tag for the facility assuming no further delays or hurdles. It’s conceivable that it might open on some future 9/11, but I’m finding that more and more unlikely as things shift and Americans make their voices heard.

You've made a completely invalid point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hostile: It really does tell you alot about the people behind this bullshit, in bad taste they propose building a mosque in such a place where it clearly shows profound contempt of those who died. Don't you idiots realize that this is standard procedure of Islam, the name of the Project, Cordoba house, is named after a city in southern Spain where Muslims built their first mosque as a symbol of their conquest over Spain. The mosque at ground zero is intended to serve the same purpose.

The location is merely the only land that was available. There is not much to elaborate on this. The mosque is no longer planned to be named Cordoba House, however, this name does not indicate cruel intentions. The Great Mosque in Cordoba, Spain was built off of a church purchased by the new Muslim leader of Spain. Yes, it is true that Moors did conquer Spain, but it would only be natural to establish a place of worship there. Christians conquered America and built churches, so this isn't much different. Cordoba, however, can also refer to the Caliphate of Cordoba, a period in which most of the Iberian peninsula, called Al-Andalus at this time, was ruled from the city of Cordoba. The Caliphate of Cordoba was a very successful period in Spain. Here, read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliphate_of_Córdoba wrote:Economy
The economy of the Caliphate was very diverse and successful, primarily consisting of trade... Muslim trade routes connected al-Andalus with the rest of the Mediterranean and beyond. There were many areas of industry that were revitalized during the Caliphate: textiles, ceramics, glassware, metalwork, and agriculture all benefiting the state. Tariffs were lucrative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliphate_of_Córdoba wrote:Culture
Córdoba was the cultural epicenter of al-Andalus.[12] Mosques, such as The Great Mosque, were the focal point of many Caliphs' attentions. Córdoba was the intellectual centre of al-Andalus, with translations of ancient Greek texts to Arabic, Latin and Hebrew. Appreciable advances in science, history, geography, philosophy and grammar occurred during the Caliphate.[13] Al-Andalus became susceptible to eastern cultural influences as well. Ziryab is credited on bringing hair and clothing styles to the Iberian peninsula (as well as toothpaste and deodorant).
avatar
le1ca

Posts : 273
Power Level : 11
Join date : 2010-07-15
Level : 50 level questioner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Sigfig on Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:48 pm

on the note of muslim/terrorist generalization:
The terrorists belong to the Muslim religion, the Muslim religion does not belong to the terrorists. If you wish to label Islam as purely militant you must also be so narrow-minded as to label all humans as inherently unintelligent as per the least intelligent members. (This also requires you to isolate yourself from the group.) OH WAIT, YOU ALREADY DO THAT, PROBUILDER


Last edited by Sigfig on Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Sigfig

Posts : 354
Power Level : 1
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 23
Location : where ders enemy
Level : 1 enemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Pielikey on Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:49 pm

okay okay I'll unban him so you can stop trying to argue with an empty room
avatar
Pielikey
Admin

Posts : 266
Power Level : 1
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts
Level : 1337 Administrator

View user profile http://piesplace.motion-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Jesus on Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:55 pm

But arguing with walls is so fun!
avatar
Jesus

Posts : 256
Power Level : 1
Join date : 2010-07-15
Age : 106
Level : 32 Religious Figure

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Pielikey on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:03 pm

Jesus you should be opposed to this they're supporting a RIVAL RELIGION
avatar
Pielikey
Admin

Posts : 266
Power Level : 1
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts
Level : 1337 Administrator

View user profile http://piesplace.motion-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by . on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:20 pm

Hello again.

You know after reading your post I couldn't help but laugh at the sheer irony because you're half homesexual and you defend a religion that is homophobic, and you didn't even realize it, congrats, you are now the laughing stock.

Let me make things crystal clear so that the facts right through that thick skull of yours.

There is a difference between practicing your religion like everyone has the right to do rather than rubbing it into people's faces like some political statement, which is happening here. I am also wondering how provocative an insult has to be until it is no longer protected by the 1st amendment. If you think that being offended by this mosque is being intolerant, then perhaps you should consider the opinion of some Muslims who think that the construction of this mosque is unnecessary and provocative. This is a place that promotes the same ideologies that caused 9/11
and frankly if Islam haven't existed, the world trade center would still exist.
It is not a mosque, but instead an Islamic community center. Yes, it includes a place for worship, but in the words of Cracked.com writer Gladstone, "You don’t call St. Mary’s Hospital a church because it happens to have a chapel inside it, do you?"
Idiotic liberal commentators like you say that this isn't a mosque but a community center and its not even in ground zero. Well guess what pal a mosque is both a community center and a prayer room and that prayer room will be on the top two floors which will overlook the scene, which is why the site was chosen.

When the governor of New York proposed finding another site they wouldn't even discuss it, moving it somewhere else negates the purpose of the mosque which is to rub 9/11 in America's face, it isn't there, there is not point in building it.

If you think that there is nothing wrong with the mosque, then you should ask the families who lost members during 9/11 and the FDNY who attended the protests against this mosque during the past several months. For the Islamic world this is quite a stupid decision because it makes their religion look more badder than it is, because this is a religion that begs Sharia law in Britain while going into any country it happens to infest, begging the laws to conform to it's ideologies. This is a "religion" where treating women like cattle is commonplace, as so is being a racist and homophobe, are you listening Travis? That is you getting stoned to death retrospectively.

Everyone knows Islam has done NOTHING for justice, progress, tolerance, or the dignity of human beings. A religion of peace? No. It's a religion of intolerance, aggresion, and hysterical bullying. Hell, the guy who is proposing this mosque, thinks 9/11 was America's fault, and if this fascist ideology hasn't been masquerading as a religion, it would have been already banned in the civilized world. And you tell me, that burlington coat factory, isn't the only place in New York City to build a mosque, are you kidding. Two blocks is to close, if you were standing there on 9/11, you wouldn't be alive today, because many other buildings in the vicinity were damaged.


Last edited by Hostile on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
.

Posts : 812
Power Level : -1
Join date : 2010-07-15
Age : 17
Location : .
Level : 5 hater

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Pielikey on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:28 pm

I'm gonna start highlighting every uncalled for insult probuilder makes and when this debate is over that will count as one day towards his banning
avatar
Pielikey
Admin

Posts : 266
Power Level : 1
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts
Level : 1337 Administrator

View user profile http://piesplace.motion-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Sigfig on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:58 pm

THIS LIVED UP TO MY EXPECTATIONS
5/5 A++ WILL READ AGAIN
avatar
Sigfig

Posts : 354
Power Level : 1
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 23
Location : where ders enemy
Level : 1 enemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by DShiznit on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:10 pm

Hostile, maybe you should go yell at innocent black carpenters with the rest of the protesters...
avatar
DShiznit

Posts : 157
Power Level : 5
Join date : 2010-07-16
Age : 25
Location : nowhere and everywhere
Level : 1 Minecraft Hater

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Sigfig on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:19 pm

Hello again.

You know after reading your post I couldn't help but laugh at the sheer irony because you're half homesexual and you defend a religion that is homophobic, and you didn't even realize it, congrats, you are now the laughing stock.

lololol look at him defending the rights of a minority he is so stupid


Let me make things crystal clear so that the facts right through that thick skull of yours.

LET'S MAKE THINGS TRANSPARENT SO YOU CAN SEE THEM BETTER


There is a difference between practicing your religion like everyone has the right to do rather than rubbing it into people's faces like some political statement, which is happening here.

i mean this is so obvious it's reflected by the name of the mosque
i mean they call it "the offensive mosque we built to piss you off" themselves! don't you hear them!?

I am also wondering how provocative an insult has to be until it is no longer protected by the 1st amendment.


1.234 provocativeness units as defined in the bill of rights


If you think that being offended by this mosque is being intolerant, then perhaps you should consider the opinion of some Muslims who think that the construction of this mosque is unnecessary and provocative.

i see what you self-referenced there



This is a place that promotes the same ideologies that caused 9/11 and frankly if Islam haven't existed, the world trade center would still exist.

yeah all them muslims are terrorists
i learned all i needed to know about that group on 9/11
GLENN BECK 4 LIFE

Idiotic liberal commentators like you say that this isn't a mosque but a community center and its not even in ground zero.

THEM GODDAMN LIBERALS TAKING OUR JOBS WITH THEIR FANCY "EDUCATIONS" AND "LOGIC"

Well guess what pal a mosque is both a community center and a prayer room and that prayer room will be on the top two floors which will overlook the scene, which is why the site was chosen.

i see what you self-referenced there


When the governor of New York proposed finding another site they wouldn't even discuss it, moving it somewhere else negates the purpose of the mosque which is to rub 9/11 in America's face, it isn't there, there is not point in building it.

YEAH THE ONLY REASON THEY WOULD EVER PUT IT IN THE VICINITY OF THE HIGHEST POPULATED AREA IN NEW YORK IS BECAUSE OF GROUND ZERO

If you think that there is nothing wrong with the mosque, then you should ask the families who lost members during 9/11 and the FDNY who attended the protests against this mosque during the past several months.


of course! it all makes sense now! the victims of 9/11 would WANT us to be hostile and attack an unrelated third party!

For the Islamic world this is quite a stupid decision because it makes their religion look more badder than it is, because this is a religion that begs Sharia law in Britain while going into any country it happens to infest, begging the laws to conform to it's ideologies.

Sharia law in Britian? Do you get all of your global politics from YouTube?

This is a "religion" where treating women like cattle is commonplace, as so is being a racist and homophobe, are you listening Travis? That is you getting stoned to death retrospectively.

BECAUSE NO OTHER RELIGION DOES THIS EVER AND ALL RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ARE EXTREMISTS



Everyone knows Islam has done NOTHING for justice, progress, tolerance, or the dignity of human beings.

Amen brother! Muslim scholars have never done anything for humanity in the history of ever!
That's why basic algebra shouldn't be taught in schools!

A religion of peace? No. It's a religion of intolerance, aggresion, and hysterical bullying. Hell, the guy who is proposing this mosque, thinks 9/11 was America's fault, and if this fascist ideology hasn't been masquerading as a religion, it would have been already banned in the civilized world.

in seriousness, citations are required

And you tell me, that burlington coat factory, isn't the only place in New York City to build a mosque, are you kidding.

YEAH! THEY SHOULD JUST BUILD IT IN ANOTHER UNOCCUPIED LOT IN THE MIDDLE OF MANHATTAN! Those exist! I promise!

Two blocks is to close, if you were standing there on 9/11, you wouldn't be alive today, because many other buildings in the vicinity were damaged.

avatar
Sigfig

Posts : 354
Power Level : 1
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 23
Location : where ders enemy
Level : 1 enemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by . on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:53 pm

Scott, don't go around making yourself look like a petty clown again, it's for your own good. you are just a little kid who plays games on your computer and views the world through the eyes of a ten year old. pity

And by the way, Islam is not a race. So anybody who critisizes it is not a racist.


Last edited by Hostile on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
.

Posts : 812
Power Level : -1
Join date : 2010-07-15
Age : 17
Location : .
Level : 5 hater

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Pielikey on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:55 pm

I like how pro uses Sig's actual first name like it makes a difference
avatar
Pielikey
Admin

Posts : 266
Power Level : 1
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts
Level : 1337 Administrator

View user profile http://piesplace.motion-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by . on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:01 pm

I like how you edit my posts like It actually means anything, frankly pie you have no room in this topic of discussion and anyone with half a brain knows this


Last edited by Hostile on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
.

Posts : 812
Power Level : -1
Join date : 2010-07-15
Age : 17
Location : .
Level : 5 hater

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Sigfig on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:18 pm

To be honest you should use "Sigfig" as my name not because my actual name is too intimidating for me to possibly handle, but because there are two Scotts in this forum. It's going to get confusing if Turtle ever starts actually posting.

Also: I do in fact have the eyes of a ten year old. I have the face of a ten year old, too. You're just jealous because you don't have a 25% longer lifespan.
avatar
Sigfig

Posts : 354
Power Level : 1
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 23
Location : where ders enemy
Level : 1 enemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Pielikey on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:21 pm

because probuilder keeps editing his posts I'm going to keep the post-debate ban counter going

right now it's at 3 (days)
avatar
Pielikey
Admin

Posts : 266
Power Level : 1
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts
Level : 1337 Administrator

View user profile http://piesplace.motion-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Sigfig on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:21 pm

Hostile wrote:I like how you edit my posts like It actually means anything, frankly pie you have no room in this topic of discussion and anyone with half a brain knows this

An individual with the left half of their brain would point out your flawed logic and attempt to offer a rational stance on this issue. They would of course get flamed from you just as me and Travis have.

An individual with the right half of their brain would spot your inconsistant opinions and possibly suffer a serious migrane. That might be dangerous because only half of their brain remains intact.

TL;DR: you're killing your own stereotype
avatar
Sigfig

Posts : 354
Power Level : 1
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 23
Location : where ders enemy
Level : 1 enemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Pielikey on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm not in this discussion, I'm merely commenting and editing your posts for future administrative reference. I'm not going to change your posts in any way besides highlighting things I think I should refer back to when you are inevitably banned.

See, I don't ban people unless I truely think they just aren't mature enough to post in these forums. Like Sig posted above, you have yet to show evidence of being mature enough in any of your posts.

This is an internet forum, not a Preschool. We don't need any of that "POOPY DOO DOO POOPY FAAAAACE" shit on these forums.
avatar
Pielikey
Admin

Posts : 266
Power Level : 1
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts
Level : 1337 Administrator

View user profile http://piesplace.motion-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ground Zero Mosque" debate, part II

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum